Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Catster/Dogster Closing Down furevfur:( Here is Angel Simba's Memorial Page

Yes, sadly that title is true...so here we are preserving Simba's Catster pages as best we can.
We saved it once before with the backtracker time machine...kindly shown to us by Buddy the Dawg's furmily but we don't have time to go through all of that now...
So here are Angel Simba's Memoirs:
 
Starting with his 'bio':
Nicknames:
Simba Cat, Simba-Bimba

Kitty Complexion:

 Activeness 
sleepyvery active
 
 Intelligence 
sillygenius
 
 Curiosity 
not curiousvery curious
 
 Friendliness 
timidaffectionate
 
 Vocal 
not vocalvery vocal
 

Badges:
Rainbow Bridge
Quick Bio:
-purebred

Birthday:
May 26th 1989

Coloration:
Blue Point

Likes:
Escaping outside to eat grass and going through forbidden doors.

Pet-Peeves:
noises that are too loud

Favorite Toy:
Plastic milk jug rings, paper balls

Favorite Nap Spot:
Sunshiney places

Favorite Food:
Iams

Skills:
Getting through doors to get outside...very quick! He loved to get vacuumed and would purr up a storm when that sucky thing went over his fur. He would arch up right into it, and always looked sad when I put it away.

Dwells:
indoors

Arrival Story:
I wanted to get a 'playmate' for my one lonely kitty that I had had for about 8 months or so. So Someone had posted an add in the paper. Checked it out and this guy came right up to me...the rest was history...

Bio:
He apparently had been outdoors for most of his newborn days, and not having had proper care(or so it seemed), he was covered in fleas-yuck! So at 7 or 8 weeks he had a flea removing bath...good thing it was a hot day! Then he was ready to be a part of our furmily.

Motto:
Gotta get outside

More about Simba.:
Simba was a fun kitty, and we were honored to have been a part of his life. He loved to play fetch, such as with plastic milk jug rings, and little paper balls. (Very economical toys) His obsession was to get outside. He wanted to eat grass. He was a great furbling to our older kitty, Groucho.They curled up together a lot, and held mutual grooming sessions every day. Groucho truly missed him after he passed away, he even as the older cat outlived him by many years...

How Simba got sick.:
Simba loved to get outside to find tasty and tender shoots of grass. One day my toddler let him out by mistake, and I wasn't aware of it. We found him after 20 - 30 minutes in the woods on our property, happily munching. But it was a warm summer eve, and there were plenty of mosquitoes...We think he got heartworm from this escapade.

Here are his pictures:
"I love my window seat!"
Purred by: ♥ Sammy ♥ (Catster Member)
August 12th 2012 at 6:52 pm
I'm a grass muncher too Simba, when mom takes me for a walk on my leash i just lay in the grass and munch away. Tony and Grey like to walk around but me ~ just give me that green stuff and i'm happy.
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
August 12th 2012 at 8:01 pm
Did somefur mention GRASS???!
Purred by: ♥ Sammy ♥ (Catster Member)
August 13th 2012 at 5:46 am
Hey Simba, i love corn silk too ~ mom has to make sure i don't get into it when she buys corn in the husk. she isn't sure if it would hurt me or not, but i sure do want to try it.


"You need me for something?"
Purred by: Grace (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 9:13 am
Dear Simba:
What a handsome picture of you dear Simba!

Love,
Grace
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 9:25 am
Thanks, Grace
"Excuse me?"
Purred by: Smiley
November 14th 2013 at 12:19 pm
Shending warm concatulations on your DDP honor Simba!

Purrs,

Smiley
Purred by: WeBeesSiameezers (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 10:10 pm
Thank mew!
Purred by: Smiley Cassanova (Catster Member)
November 15th 2013 at 11:01 am
You're fury welcome!:D


"The sun is warming us..."
"You have called us? Groucho and Simba"
"Simba and Groucho, sleeping in the sun..."
"Simba has a new friend."
"Smelling the amaryllis...but Meowmy is watching that we don't nibble it..."
"Windowsills make good perches..."
"I am a furry curious Kitty!"
Purred by: Mist (Mr. Andante Bodhi Bear) (Catster Member)
November 15th 2013 at 7:30 am
Too cute!
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
November 15th 2013 at 8:44 pm
I sure was intent on something...
"Simba is living dangerously...a cactus spine in the nose will be a big ouchie!"
"New babies need their rest."
"Groucho, being a good big brofur to the new arrival,Simba."
Purred by: Smokey Joe Angel Dreamboat #9 (Catster Member)
April 20th 2010 at 5:09 pm
Now that is a brotherhood photo if I ever seen one! How cool you two were together! I know we'll be seeing you two flying around among the beautiful skies, purrs and head nudges
"You are disturbing me!"
"Simba sleeping"
"Groucho and Simba Enjoying the sun together."
"Your ear needs a good wash! Groucho and Simba"
Purred by: Smokey Joe Angel Dreamboat #9 (Catster Member)
April 9th 2010 at 3:55 pm
I know our meomy's miss us very much, as I was only 6 when I discovered the Bridge myself. Meomy says we will see each other and discover many possibilities up here near the Summerlands. We will never be forgotten for sure. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around! Head bonks, Joe







"Peaceful brofurs together. Groucho and Simba"
"Simba ready for a wedding... He knew how to show off! This pic here...is in honor of Meowmy & Pawppy having their 25th anniversary (July25th, 2012). They used this very basket! But of course there were no kitties in it..."
"Simba posing...actually caught trying to steal a nibble from the flowers..."
Purred by: Tundra ~ DG #6 (Catster Member)
March 19th 2010 at 7:46 pm
Neat picture!

 Simba also got  'awards', and other furs sent him pictures as mementos:
"Thanks, Tundra and furmily fur this pawsome birthday pic!"
Purred by: Simone (Catster Member)
May 27th 2012 at 3:53 am
Beautiful picture
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
May 27th 2012 at 4:55 am
Thanks, Simone!
Purred by: Tundra ~ DG #6 (Catster Member)
June 2nd 2012 at 12:18 am
You're welcome!


"Thanks so much, Lynzee, Tundra, Manytoes, and Rory; fur this lovely memento of my RB Day."

"Thanks so much, Tundra and crew for my birthday picture memento."
Purred by: Tundra ~ DG #6 (Catster Member)
May 26th 2013 at 6:53 pm
You're welcome, angel pal.
"Thanks so much, Lynzee, fur this lovely memento on my RB day."
Purred by: Smiley Cassanova (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 12:14 pm
What a beautiful Rememberance pic.

Purrs,

Smiley
Purred by: Lynzee (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 8:02 pm
You're very welcome, angel Simba.
"Thanks, KCK Group fur this swell image you made fur me!"

Thanks so much, Manytoes and your artistic furmily fur making this handsome memento fur my Dairy Of The Day Honor.
Purred by: Manytoes ~ DB #120 (Catster Member)
November 16th 2013 at 4:58 pm
You're welcome, my friend.
"Thanks Sammie for making this 'badge' to remember my special day!"
Purred by: Sammie (Catster Member)
November 22nd 2013 at 11:56 am
Thanks Simba for posting it.

purrs
We have his diary entries here:


Simba's Simpurrs



Simba's Simpurrs

November 13th 2013 9:24 pm
[ Leave A Comment | 4 people already have ] Well, my senior angel brofur (Groucho) wrote himself a diary, so now I decided it was time fur me to purr some things about me...maybe more to help meowmy keep my memory fresh, MOL!

I was the second kitty in this den, but I was meowmy's furst kitten. OMC! What had she gotten into? MOL!
I was a busy little dude and curious beyond all measure.
I had to get into all boxes/bags that came through the doors, and of course I had to go through all doors too.
I even greeted strangers!
I licked the furs of humans, esp that of meowmy when she had come back from the salon...she thinks I liked the hairspay, MOL! Because usually I only tried to lick/groom pawppy's topcoat of hair, upon which he lavishly sprayed that stuff, to keep it under control...but after I was done with it, well it truly had the tussled appearance...more to my liking.
I didn't mind it when our auntie would come and bring her little cairn terrier, I tried to play with him, though Groucho only hissed...
I loved the attentions given me by the little girl of meowmy's good furends when they visited. There is even a picture of me with her. That young lady is finished college now.

When I came to this furmily called MINE, I was a teeny bit of a kitten, kind of scrawny, but oh so filled with easily given out purrs and bread making paws.
Meowmy noticed that there were fleas all over me. YUCK! Not good at all, dangerous even, fur kittens...so, not having any flea medications at hand, I got a bath with kitten flea shampoo...hmmm...not a good way to tell me they loved me, well, I guess it must have been, else I would have had to stay outside even longer. I came from a litter of kittens that nevfur had been inside. Pawppy said it was a sort of slum area of town, OMC! Though the man who was my furst not-kitty-dad obviously had well socialized all of us, we came right up to this new lady to see who she was...and I decided to crawl into her lap. Done! I stole meowmy's heart and that was that!
The vet man said I was healthy and had no illnesses even though I had been outdoors and exposed to goodness knows what.

Well, when I got in the den there was this big boy kitty in there and he was the hiss king fur sure. But since I was a brave little dude and purrsistant, soon I had Groucho wound around my paws, too.
One day he chirped at me and wanted me to chase him. He sat in the hallway and looked over his shoulder to see if I was listening to his play chirp...and that was how we got to be best buddies.
We shared catventures together for about 7-1/2 years. Sunpuddles, cat nesting pawlaces, watching the birds and bugs and a few small critters outside. Chased and hunted flies together, too. MOL!

Since I loved to check out what was behind doors, I always tried to go through them...and I was like a greased lightening bolt. Vroom...and then I would try to hide so that my stay in furbidden territory was extended...
I discovered that at the base of the stairs there was grass...tender green shoots if you knew where to find them. YUM!
Meowmy told me I wasn't supposed to do that going outside stuff, since now I was an inside kitty, but I just found it irresistible.

One day meowmy left for a few days. When she got back, she also came in with a large basket type object that she placed on the floor in the kitchen so that I and Groucho could check it out. So we were skulking and sniffing around it...when the contents moved and made some soft noises, not unlike another small critter..what?!
It moved??!
I jumped straight up and floofed my furs to an enormous size and ran away...I was spooked! Me who always greeted all, MOL!
Well, meowmy told me that this was my unfurbro, he was here to stay, and that soon he and I would be best buddies, too.

And he was. Meowmy taught him too pet me nicely,and how to pick me up, and how to pawlay with me too. Sometimes when he was crawling over the den floor not unlike another critter, I would give him a head bonk...but then I was often rewarded with a tail pull, OMC...well meowmy was always snoopervising our encounters so she taught unfurbro that wasn't nice...

I was also the cause of a near disaster here when unfur was about 7months old. I was lurking at the top of the stairs because I knew that soon meowmy would open that door and come out...and my plan was to go in...zoom!
Well, meowmy noticed me, even though she was carrying my unfurbro...and she tried to shove me back with her toe...she lost her balance and crash...down she went...she landed facing the way she had come from...still holding onto unfurbro...and he was just fine, but meowmy was not...she had hurt her back against the windowsill which she had crashed into...it knocked the breath out of her...and years later she found out that there was an old fracture there..the docs got all concerned that she had a fracture from osteoporosis, but meowmy told them it was 18 years old and she told them the tail...its seems funny now, but that morning is one she will nevfur furget.


Eventually there was another unfurbro here, too.

So one day when unfurbro the younger was a toddler he opened the back door and quick as a wink I escaped. No one had any idea. That was my plan, you know...
Eventually meowmy was missing me, and she started searching. Sure enough...I was far in the back of the yard, happily munching on wonderfur tasty blades of tender grass...Mmmm...hey! I don't want to go inside!

Months after that I started to eat voraciously. Then I would 'woof my cookies'. Or I would cough and then vomit. Then I would be fine for a while and a few days later it would start again. Since I was quite active we all thought it was because I was playing too hard after eating.

Time passed and one November day while meowmy was on her yearly trek (Vacation to be with her Mom, and her Aunt to catabrate theirs and her own birthdays) with the toddlers. I was here alone with Groucho to keep pawppy company.

I gave pawppy some major head bonks and purrs, then I went to my fave chair and took a nap. Hours later I was still there, pawppy said...and when he wanted to go to bed Groucho was acting furry concerned. Pawppy decided to recheck me in my nap pawlace...and I was no more:(
In my sleep, peacefully I had gone to the RB. It was November 10th.
Now pawppy had to call meowmy who was in Canada on her visit...and she had to tell the unfurs that their beloved Simba was no longer. How do you say those things to a 3 and 5 year old?
It was an awful way to come home...I wasn't there to tell them my stories as I always did...it was so quiet and empty, and Groucho was pacing about yowling and mrouwling his painful feelings.
So pawppy took the unfurs and my preserved body, and they had a little funeral fur me, and they buried me behind the shed...and meowmy painted me a marker.
The vet thought that purrhaps I had gotten heartworm when I had been outdoors that day...all it takes is one infected mosquito bite, and goodness knows, there were all kind of those biters back there. I must have had a blockage in my heart. In other words, a heart attack.
At least I didn't have to suffer, as judged by my peacefur look in that final resting pawlace. Meowmy only wished she would have been with me...

Don't worry meowmy, the RB is a wonderfur beautifur pawlace and I am able to munch on grass any time I want to, MOL! And don't furget that soon after I came to be here, I arranged to send you Suki and Toki...how they helped to heal your aching heart, and even Groucho was gratefur to have new playmates to fill that empty void in his life...

Thanks meowmy, fur helping me to tell my tail fur all to know me better...and thanks to all who recently stopped by to greet me on my R.B. Remembrance Day.

 
 
Purred by: Minuette (Catster Member)
November 13th 2013 at 9:36 pm
Happy belated RB Remembrance Day, Simba! Your account had Mom all teary-eyed. Mom was too tired and zealy-deprived to respond promptly, but was very grateful to hear about such a lovely, beautiful life.
Purred by: ❅ Jezebel DG 29 ❅ (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 8:06 am
We loved reading your story!
Purred by: Beepers (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 2:37 pm
We so enjoyed your story, Simba. Congratulations on your Diary of the Day honor today. It's certainly deserved!
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 9:34 pm
Oh, My! DOTD??
Thanks earthly kitties fur stopping by to read my epistle-like entry!









OMC!! My Heavenly Stars Are Shimmering In Shocked Surprise!

November 14th 2013 9:50 pm
OMC! I had to wake up and rub the star-dust and angel-dust out of my eyes in disbelief!
But when I refocused...there was my angel self in the DOTD window.
My stars!

Hey my angel furblings:
Come and see!
I am DOTD!
Wheeeee!

Thanks Catster, too fur featuring my dairy...not even 24 hours after I cat-tated it to my earthly catretary...

Thanks fur all the Paw-mails, the comments, pictures and the many gifts!
How loved I was upon earth, and now in kitty heaven, too!



Well, meowmy had to go to her work, so now she has a lot of cat-ching up to do...MOL!
And I will continue to watch over her doings from my heavenly lookout perch...as well as those of my furmily and furends!
Angel dust and unlimited nipitinis fur all...and I shall go and find me some more yummy tender grassy shoots, MOL!

Purrs!

 
 
Purred by: Minuette (Catster Member)
November 14th 2013 at 10:47 pm
All the concats in the world for your DDP, Simba, as your diary entry was so sweet you earned it! :-)
Purred by: Minuette (Catster Member)
November 15th 2013 at 3:51 pm
OMC, I meant DOTD! Mom was too sleepy when I dictated that one . . .
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
November 15th 2013 at 8:32 pm
Hi,Minnie! Taht's OK! I knew whatvyou meant, angels have a sense like that, MOL!
Purrs to you, & Penny & your Mom!
Purred by: Simba (In Memory) (Catster Member)
November 15th 2013 at 8:34 pm
...but my mewomy that just came in from work...she can't spell, MOL!
Purred by: ♥ Jezebel RIP ♥ (Catster Member)
November 16th 2013 at 12:58 am
Congrats!



















My R.B.Day

November 10th 2014 10:23 pm It was my RB Day today, Nov10th.
Rory and his helpfur crew made this sweet memento fur me:





I thank them all!
And I thank all who sent messages and prezzies, too. Big hugs and purrs to you all!

MIAOW!

Thanks So Furry Much!

November 12th 2015 12:41 pm
Hello from the heavenly realm where I reside and help keep watch ovfur my furmily...

While meowmy was away and visiting relatives, I catabrated yet another year of living here in RB Land.

Since no messages/notifications are coming through she missed my day...oh, well, being a nice angel I will furgive her, MOL!

Well, I got lots of prezzies on my page!
Thanks so much fur those! ♥ ♥ ♥

Manytoes sent me a nice picture too:




Simba ~ In Loving Memory Remembering Him On His RB Day...Thanks Manytoes!

Well, I have to run off to visit the catnip fields for a while...and I see meowmy has lots to do there upon earth....

Bye!
MIAOW!!


No comments:

Post a Comment