Wednesday, January 6, 2021

In Purrsuit of Flavours ~ Sauces

 We are joining up with our hosts, The Canadian Cats, and the Weimie Twins to present our recipes this month, and the theme is sauces.


Creamy Jalapeño Dressing and Dip (Yes, it IS a sauce!)
 
Creamy jalapeño dressing is like ranch with a spicy Mexican kick, and it is delicious on tortilla chips, salads and tacos. Or to dip crunchy veggies!

 

This is great on just about anything in the realm of Text Mex food: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salads, chips. Or just plain old crunchy veggies!

Creamy Jalapeño Recipe


Course Sauces
Cuisine Mexican
Keyword, creamy jalapeno
Prep Time 12 minutes
Total Time 12 minutes
Servings 16 servings (2Tbs,each.)
Calories 67 kcal
 
Ingredients
* 1/2 cup mayonaise *
* 1/2 cup sour cream *
* 1/4 cup milk* 
(*Make substitutions if needed to eliminate dairy.)
* 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon chives
* 2 cloves garlic, medium to large
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 Tablespoon)

*  1/3 cup cilantro leaves
* 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeños
* 1 Tablespoon of the pickled jalapeño brine/ juice
* 1/4 cup salsa verde

Instructions
Add all ingredients to a blender of food processor and blend for about 25 to 30 seconds. Try a stick blender, if you prefer.
 Store for up to 1 to 1-1/2 weeks, depending on the expiration date of your ingredients.


 

Recipe Notes
This recipe makes 2 cups of dressing/dip total.
Note: You can always add more jalapeños for even more heat. Its recommended to start with what is written and tasting before you add. 

Enjoy!



 

8 comments:

  1. oooooh that sounds like the perfect sauce for a long tv session ... pawfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should have had it around for our New Year's Eve waiting for midnight pawrty! Then we'd have had a fight for the W.C. in the morning....um...only one of those here...yikes!! BOL!

      Delete
  2. I love chips or anything crunchy...Your sauce is a perfect compliment to a good chip.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year gang!!
    That is a cool recipe, though mum is wimpy when it comes to hot spices.
    She would have to reduce the amount of the jalapeno. MOL!!!!
    Pyrrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks very yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! I thought I posted earlier this week, but I guess I did not save correctly, I have been having issues with thetrack pad on my new laptop sticking and sometimes I am too fast. I think things have saved and they have not, but I'm glad I had not. Now I can tell you how GREAT this recipe is!
    I made this dip today! I served it with carrots and celery and yellow pepper strips. We did not have any pickled jalapanos left but I did have some frozen slices that I whirred in the Magic Bullet with some pickle juice and added fresh salsa verde I made last Sunday. Alex loved it! (He is allergic to anything with tomatoes and red chili peppers). It is easier to make stuff than it is to buy it as almost everything has chili pepper flakes in it!
    He loved this so much I caught him licking the bottom of the bowl! And there is NONE left. I will make this again (maybe tomorrow)!
    Thanks YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know too well myself about allergies and reading labels...it takes longer to read them all then to do the shopping, LOL! And even things you had in the past; well they change the recipes so you still gotta watch out. (Its mostly dyes, sugars and psyllium, also quinine, such as is found in tonic water...)

      Your improvs sound just as good as the recipe.
      Glad it was a success!

      Delete