Sunday, July 19, 2026

Ten Cigarettes A Day??

 Wow, we don't smoke, nor does anyone in our family, but...well we might as well be doing that because that is what the air quality has been like around here. The 'authorities' told their viewers that the amount of atmospheric pollution was like smoking 10 cigarettes a day! YUCK! The reading was 391 for Friday, which is in the hazardous zone (any reading over 300). It has been very stinky outside. Therefore we can't even spend any meaningful time outside due to this bad  air quality. It's due to all the smoke and particulates we are having from the Canadian and some US wildfires. You can see the smog and haze, its awful. I wear an N95 mask when I go outside, even for a short time, I walked to and from my car, on Thursday when I went to my work, and I was wheezing for a good long time when I got into the building. (I didn't think for that very brief time outside I would need one, but I was wrong!)

Anyways we hope the predicted rains, and wind direction changes will help dissipate this smoke. Us pups seem to instinctively spend a lot less time going outside, we go just for potty times...or to bark at the chewy delivery that came to our den on Friday. BOL!

There was a brief rainshower on Friday afternoon, which helped to clear the air for a time, which allowed petcretary to go and clean up after us...and water any pots that didn't get enough water from the measly 1/4 inch or so of the rains.

We hope all those nasty and scary wildfires will soon be under control and that affected peeps will not loose their homes, which is far worse than just having bad air ...

And it is still HOT and very jungle like humidity to help with the very high heat indexes...what a summer! We are more than thankful for the a/c and the HEPA filter in that unit.

Not much else going on here this past week...no news is boring, but not a bad thing!

Anyways here are some image, recent, not flashbacks, but for sure not taken in the past few days of stinky atmosphere conditions. 

Oh dear, she captured the digging evidence...
I sure hope all the bees visiting the clovers don't come after me!
Sharing the shade on a hot day...

We are in the Sunday Selfies Bloghop, and it is hosted as always by The Kitties Blue, at The Cat On My Head

17 comments:

  1. We've had the smoke here too but it sounds like you have a lot more of it than we have. Love your selfies, Benji and Dalton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smoke was terrible here on friday. You looked out the window and it was like fog. Going outside just to get the mail is awful. Thank goodness we got a little bit of rain on Friday night and washed it out of the air. But it's back today. I feel so bad for canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You boys always look fabulous, even with a bit of dirt on your face, Benji. We hope your air clears up. Ours got a lot better after a rainstorm with winds yesterday. The fires and floods throughout the country are dreadful. Thanks for hopping with us! XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

    ReplyDelete
  4. doodz....stay inn side N chillax coz yez inn deed itz crazed out side....ewe can dig holez any time N it will bee sum thin
    ta look for werd two !!! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice selfies sweetie! I sure hope that smoke clears out soon, that is awful. Take care up there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry of the smoke, sweet doggies and the mom. We hope it will clear up soon, it sounds terrible🙏🏻Stay safe! Double Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday to all of you🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment seems to have disappeared, so here I am again boys! You look fab as always and digging your garden is always a must. What'cha planting this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did comment, and it is on the other blog at wordpress. This is my main/original blog, the WP one is a mirror/replica of this one.

      Delete
  8. Adorable selfies! The smoke has been bad here too. In my experience, no news is always good news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief that sounds * cough cough * terrbible. I hope you will be OK.

    Thank Mom for the help. I am going to take days to get stuff back - but we will manage!

    Marjorie and Toulouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. hugs to all people and pets who have to stand all that... we hope for rain too... may it help the firefighters and the nature

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely selfies! All that smoke sounds HORRIBLE. Hope you have a change of weather soon. It seems to be really crazy, all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you've had such a bad time with the smoke. We've had some, but not as bad as you. My paws are crossed that it clears soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're really sorry about the bad air quality due to the fires. We hope you get some rain soon.

    Woofs,
    Ollie

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wildfire smoke has been awful, but at least the soccer games were on regular TV for us to watch!
    My EPA app on my phone gets a check almost every hour of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hari OM
    Maybe the fires affected the ethers because I only got your post in my reader very late indeed! I hope it all clears up soon - but we are even getting those nastied here in the UK. May all be safe... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do hope you get rain soon and I’m praying for the end of these wilfires.

    ReplyDelete