Thursday, September 28, 2023

Belated Happy Gotcha Day For Dalton and #RememberMeThursday

 Yes, I, Dalton  was a former shelter dog, in two shelters! I was found wandering around in Texas, in the Houston area, during/after Hurricane Harvey...picked up and I landed in a shelter there, which was a high kill shelter.๐Ÿ˜ข But some kind folks from Michigan came and took a large truckload of us pups and cats on a long journey...all the way to Michigan. Once I got there, a nice lady who runs a shelter (ROAR), here in Michigan, took me and several others to her home, as her shelter is home based and many of the rescued furry ones go to foster homes, but I stayed with her.๐Ÿ˜Š

Then one day she loaded me and others into her big van, and we went to a local pet store that partners with several area shelters. Petcretary just happened to be there to get some supplies for (Angel) MrJackFreckles, and she saw me! Wow, she said, you are a handsome cutie! She called pawppy and discussed some things...then she filled out papers...and left! Oh No! But in about an hour she was back, and she brought along MJF, who seemed interested in sniffing me, with his tail wagging all the while,as was mine!

The 'deal' was sealed, so to speak...and though I had to still go back to the ROAR place, in a few days the nice lady took just me and came to this house, with a very tall fence...and the MJF pup was there, too!! OMD!! So this was going to be my new forever home!!

The 27th of September is my actual Gotcha Day, but due to all kinds of excuses, including not having her own computer...well, now we get to celebrate and discuss this #RememberMeThursday stuff! Works for me! WOOF!

My doggy brofur Benji, is also a former shelter dog, he came from Texas, too, but not from where I was...and here in Michigan, he was rescued by a different shelter as well...Humane Society of SW Michigan.

Benji was still a puppy when he came here, so he doesn't carry all the baggage around like I still do. Somehow I have a doggy form of PSTD, and do not know how to shed and dump all that baggage from past abuse I must have suffered, and I don't know how to woof to my pawrents about it either. They love me though, issues and all, and I have been here 6 years, now. Though they do not really know how old I actually am...maybe between seven and nine?? Its my secret!

So thanks to all those who worked to get us where we both are now! Woofs and wiggly wags!!

HERE is a link to MJF's take on this event, from 2017...some of the images are broken in that post, don't worry, its not the link!

HERE is another link fo a Gotcha Day Post

And another

Here are some of my past Gotcha Day cards, as petcretay has limited use of the picture making software on this borrowed computer, and can't download new pics to it either.




Wow, Petcretary, you got the date wrong on most of those, BOL, BOL!!

Happy Gotcha Day to ME!!
#RememberMeThursday




https://remembermethursday.org/

Thankful Thursday ~ Thankful For Adoption


16 comments:

  1. OH, how lucky we ALL are that you two found one another Oh, yes, and that lady and guy, too, let's not forget THEM. You two were made to be together, that's so clear! And lovely kitties, too, but today is YOUR day, you darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anonyoust conment was actually posted by ME, Loulou, but mama did not post it well. For some reason I am not automatically on your comments list of peeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton. It took a while to get your forever home, but you finally got a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smiled through ever single gotcha day photo, you are so precious, yours ears make me feel good. so very happy you ended up with your pawrentcs and mr jack and now Benji. You already know we believe shelters are the place to find the best dogs... Happy Gotcha Day Dalton...

    ReplyDelete
  5. happee bee lated gotcha day two ewe dood, we iz happee ewe waz gotched bye petcretarry and pappy
    and heerz two a happee healthee yeerz a head ๐Ÿฆด๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ€

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton. You sure landed in a great home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lulu: "Happy belated Gotcha Day, Dalton! Gotcha Days are the best days ever!"
    Java Bean: "Ayyy, I traveled north to get where I am, too! Not as far as you and Benji, but I did have to cross an international border from Baja California to Alta California!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton. We think you were super lucky winning the dog lotto!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotchaverary, Dalton!
    Rescued is our favorite breed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Gotcha Day Dalton!! I am glad you both got a loving home. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton! What a great adoption story you have. I didn’t know you came for Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a delight to read your adoption story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a story and with a great ending! We are so happy for you, dear Dalton, and Benjii too. And thankful that Petcretary and Pawpy took you into a forever home.
    xoxoxoxo, Bibi & Meep

    ReplyDelete
  14. ♪♫♪Extra Pawkisses for a Happy belated Gotcha Day, Dalton๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰We believe you both found the best of the best Home effurr๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’ž Ps the Gotcha badges are all so beautiful and we saw a double mousie...do you share...๐Ÿญ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’ž

    ReplyDelete