Monday, September 24, 2018

Selfies!

Wow, this week went super fast!
And Sunday slipped away from us so we are posting our selfies late again..but at least not as late as last time, MOL/BOL!
Not much to report since our very late posting last week...
The hot weather has receded into the crisp days of autumn. It was lovely and mild over the weekend, even though the nights went down into the lower 40's. The windows have been open! Hooray for fresh air!
All of petcretary's dahlias and some of her other patio pots were keeled over Friday from the high wind gusts we were having as the weather system to cool us off moved through. She was able  to stake the tomato pots to prevent their demise...and the dahlia pots were re-homed to shelter them hopefully from more disasters. They seem to be not too worse for their misadventures. Our pineapple sage finally is putting out blooms, a wee bit late, sheesh!

On Thursday this week, Dalton will dogabrate his first gotcha Day anniversary  with us:)
There won't be a separate post, as petcretary has to work, and she will be gone all day Wed, and Fri., doing not doggy or kitty things.
So we will have a bit of a remembering that day here, today:)

I looked up and was wondering if that lady was going to be my new mommy.

But she had another dog with her?

So I was trying to do my best to be cute and handsome.



And I tried to be nonchalant with *that* way bigger than me doggy.




The very first furmily picture with Dalton from 9-27-2017; taken on a cell phone by the rescue lady. Her rescue group's FB Web page is here
My first picture at my new forever home. I feel a wee bit uncertain...
This is a comfy bed for ME?


Thank you!!

Lots of toys and chew things here, too!



This is such a soft comfy cozy nest of a bed!



I do believe I am going to be living and loving the life here!





One of my first selfies from Michigan...I am an ex-Texan, BOL!

Outside the next morning...checking each other out...

Happy Gotcha Day to me!!

Petcretary forgot to add this great card from Marv when I had my birthday...oopsie!

Pipo got 'photo-shopped!

Petcretary is trying to learn some new techniques on her program...

Here is yet another attempt to make a bad picture better:)
We helped petcretary make some more cards for others.
Joanie and Sammy had a birthday!

Micah had a combined Gotcha/Birthday.

Ruska from CatioTales went to live at the RB, recently...

We are hopping with all the selfies at The Kitties Blue who are the hosts of this weekly feature.

20 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day sweet Dalton! Pipo always takes a great photo, no need to fix anything :) And thank you again for the beautiful card you made for my Sammy and Joanie. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Gotcha Day, Dalton! We hope Petcretary will have a big celebration for the occasion. Too bad she'll have to work.

    We really appreciate Micah's card that arrived last night and was posted today. We almost missed his special day, except for you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dalton woofs his thanks! She'll be here until the afternoon...she works second shift.

      Delete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day Dalton, I hope you have a special and fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dood...a most happee earl lee gotcha day two ewe buddy...we hope ya get bizcutz a plentee, dig lotz oh holez in de yard, haz FUN & heerz two 100 mor long with a yeer a head filled with happeez N healtheez ~~~~~ N pipo...ya look grate in yur "painting" buddy !!!! a grate week a head two all ~~~~♥♥♥☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are happy to wish you a Happy Gotcha Day early Dalton.
    You were so lucky to get the wonderful home you now have :)
    You are a sweet doggie and we know you are happy.We purr you get spoiled too ;)
    We love the pawsome cards Pecretary makes.(mum is a bit jealous)
    You and Pipo look wonderful!!
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      I love my den and my peeps, but sometimes my pawppy still scares me, it is getting better...baby step by baby step. I am spoiled every day,BOL!

      Delete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day Dalton!

    Thank you so much for remembering Ruska-thatis a beautiful graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotch Thursday Day! My, how time flies, and I truly cant understand why. Anyways, Dalton, you have come so far in such a short time, you are to be commended. Pipo looks lovely too, and you both make Sundays special, no matter when you post...
    Toodle pips
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Petcretary says time flies by way faster now than when she was a youngster.

      Delete
  8. Well, Dalton, looks like you're living the good life! Happy Gotcha day!

    We liked your comment on our cloud pictures. There was a line of thunderstorm clouds moving south to north. We were right on the edge of it as the sun went down. All we got, besides an amazing sunset, was a bit of rain and a couple thunders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks!

      The skies can be like beautiful paintings and artwork sometimes, can't they. It seems to me that the worse the weather might be, the more the sky is fascinating to watch...

      Delete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton!

    Was the photo-shop "red-eye? I need that done a lot (except when I tell TBT to leave it because it represents my mood). ~ IZA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I did not need to fix the red eye in those images, Pipo was in the bright light in our picture window. But the background was horrible and very distracting, so I 'cut him out' and 'pasted' him onto a different background. But red eyes do happen...and pet eyes are much harder to fix than those of peeps...sigh...

      Delete