Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton!

 Today is my 5th gotcha day in my forever home! I am ever so happy that my peeps didn't give up on me, even though I still have such issues with anxiety and hating men...even pawppy sometimes.esp when he is outside, or in his housecoat,  I really don't like the way it wiggles and waves around when he walks. (Petcretary giggles at the thought)...and even though I have nipped and even broken the skin of all three of the menfolk there, though not recently. Phew! I love evenings when I can jump on *her* chair and take a cozy nap while she types for us...and I love mealtimes and treat times, we play catch the treats, and I can do a few tricks too.

I got really messed up when there was a home invasion here about a year after I got here...and all over again when all those strangers came into my den with big bags and helmets and stole my pawppy out of here...though petcretary did steal him right back! And before those men intruded here, I got all upset when pawppy was on the floor and making strange noises. That was SO scary. But he is back to normal now...and he says he is re-tired...though I don't see any tires on him...so he is home a lot more now, my peeps hope I will learn to trust him now that I can spend more time with him.  But its still scary when petcretary goes to her work a couple nights a week...and sometimes her and pawppy go away for a few hours, and leave me here all alone...but yes they do come back...PHEW!

Petcretary gives me CBD and some other natural calming medicines...they seem to help a bit...maybe I need to have a chat with the Dog Whisperer. And I loved it when I got to have a little brother, who is actually a lot bigger than me, BOL!!

I was brought to a shelter as a stray during Hurricane Harvey, in Texas, and some kind peeps grabbed me out of that high kill shelter, put me in a big truck with lots of other 'pulls' and we drove to Michigan, where I was in a foster home/shelter...which is how I was 'found' and then 'gotted'!

Anyways, today Sept 27th, 2017 is when I came to live here, and I hope to spend a lot of more years here, too. I hope we have a wee dogabration of this impawrtant event in my and their lives!

Happy Gotcha Day to ME!!   WOOFS!



I am happpy, for sure, and its Tuesday...so we are joining this blog hop!

16 comments:

  1. happy happy gotcha day dear dalton... and for many many more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day Dalton, and thank you for telling us a bit more about your background. Gail and I think it is great that your pawppy is retired and we hope you will realise he is not scary at all and in fact he might even be good to have around.
    Hope you have a grrrreat celebration today.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Dalton Day! It's special you know because no other pupper has one ... it's yours and yours alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sweet Dalton. You've really had a go of it, haven't you and yet your face is handsomely sweet. Happy Gotcha Day, sweet boy. Five looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha day times Five! sorry to hear your sad story and so happy you found a home and that they are letting you stay even though you bit your daddy. who knows what horror you went through? tell dad to carry treats and give you lots of them. how about that for an answer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you have a rocky time and then you find the perfect forever home. I'm happy for you.

    ♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♫
    ♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you,♪♫
    ♫♪Happy Gotcha Day Dear Dalton,♪♫
    ♫♪Happy Gotcha Day to you!♪♫

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton! It sounds like you landed in the perfect place for you even if there have been a few scary moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your fifth Gotcha day, Dalton! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lulu: "Happy Gotcha Day, Dalton! Gotcha Days are the best days ever, wouldn't you say, Bean?"
    Java Bean: "Oh, sí! The very best!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Gotcha Day, dear Dalton! Belated wishes for the best year ever. You are a brave lad and we're glad you found such a loving home. xoxoxoxoxo, Bibi & Meep

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day Dalton! YOu are in just the right home!

    ReplyDelete