Monday, October 2, 2017

Busy Times With Sunday Selfies


Yup, its way busy around here...there is a newbie in this den.
He is Dalton, whom you all met last week...he came late in the evening on the 27th.
Dalton means: From the estate in the valley. Dale has a similar meaning.
So we will pronounce his name as 'Daleton', but keep the original spelling. His nickname may be Dally, pronounced as Daily. We had first thought Dalty...becoming Salty Dalty...but well, even though he came to Michigan on account of the flooding in Houston from Harvey...that was not salty water...nor did we want to call him Harvey, though he does charge around here at times like a hurricane; or a tornado might be a better description!
So his nickname will be either Dalty/Dally; both with long A sounds.
Phew!

MJF:
My name was easier, BOL!

Since it was already dark when he got here, I, MJF had to wait till morning to show him around the place...but not till after we got to know each other a bit better...ahem...




He can be furry timid and he cowers at anything new...or drips wee-wee...OMD!
Dalton if you sniff good there, you might unearth some good bunny drops, MMMM!

Petcretary: Monkey see - Monkey do!!

He wants to use the doggy doors but even those scare him...sigh...he will go through with encouragement...and he watches me go through them all the time, so I think he will soon be braver.

He takes all the toys I long ago abandoned, out of the box, and strews them all over...and he has discovered my stash of 'chewies'.

He likes to bounce on and off the couch. Sometimes he tries to get under the mat/bed that is up there for protection, and he even tried to pull off the couch cover, Oops. Naughty. He got a stern 'No' from petcretary for that!


He discovered the old bed in the always open crate that I used as my den a long time ago...and destuffed that in no time...um...wow!


 He eats like the world's best and fastest vacuum cleaner, BOL! Me?? Nope I am pokey-slowkey...but I do eat most of my noms. So we have to be fed in separate areas, and if I walk away, petcretary lifts up my bowl to try again later.
And he gulps water so fast, he chokes on it.
Sheesh, I think the little dude was starved of food and water in his past life...of which we know nothing other than where he came from...poor little guy. I have been loved all my days:)

And you know what!?! Even though I am an old-man pup of 15 1/2, I can still outrun that little dude when I have a full battery charge! BOL! So we have had some good 'you can't catch me' games of chase in my one acre of fenced yard. Wheeeee! But then I gotta have a breather,and that dude still wants to wrassle and romp...so I have to grump him to stop pawlease...

Wheeeee!

I'm flying!!

I'm coming!


OMD! The neighbors have a big kitty and and dog the same size as me...




Yup, I am still coming Petcretary!
 
When we finally go back into the  main den, sometimes he still wants to play...but dude, you know, I need my doggy handsomeness rest:)
That young pup tuckers me out...no wait, he exhausts me...
Here he comes again...
Sheesh, that dude is way to busy!

Can I have some peace for a while??

Zzzzzzzzz....................

I did more running today than in a long long time....I'm beat!
Then he discovered Pipo...I know to mostly leave him alone...but not Dalty. Oopsie. He got a good bop on the schnooter and I heard him yelp...and saw him run like  a mad dog into the safety of his open den...that is the place he has to stay in for now when the petcretary and/or pawppy are not around...BOL, BOL!
Now Pipo comes out to check out what this wee one is doing...even getting furry close. Petcretary says she hopes that they might become furends:)
I thought I saw a dog??

OMC! I did see a dog...
Oh, MY Catness...

Its temporary, right??!

Sigh...
 Well, enough woofing from me for now...here are some more pictures and selfies.
My Contemplative Selfie

My...good grief...

You gotta be joking selfie

Dalton, the objuect of our mullings and musings...
Oh, Yes, I got to go to Teddy's Fall Bacon Harvest Festival. That was a lot of fun!
Thanks for a great Harvest of Bacon, Teddy, and Angel Sammy! I shall take good care of my seedling...and seeds...
Petcretary made several cards this week...
Sadly all of them were for newly departed furry ones, our furends...now Angels...(( ♥ ))
Phoebe was the beloved spokeskity from 15&Meowing; and this entire blog posting and blog hop is dedicated to honor her; as well as all the other newest angels.

Callie Rose was well known in the old Catster, she made Birthday/GotchaDay badges. She lives in Facebook, now...but her Mom took down the page, you might find her here though, however, it is a so called secret group: Catster Buddies

Buddy was part of the loved and furmouse Funny Farmers, aka Jan's Funny Farm.

Precious Zuzu was from Colehouse Cats

We are joined to the Sunday Selfie Blog hop, Honoring the most beloved Phoebe and some other new angels too. The kitties Blue are the gracious hosts.

42 comments:

  1. What a little cutie! I'm sure that Pipo will be pals with him, once he has learned his place, MOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pipo is coming by to sniff his derrier, MOL! And now he comes into the same room...progress is in baby steps.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to your new home Dalty (or Dally)! We is so happy ya got a furever home and dat your peeps got you! I still try to chase da kitties some (momma says we need a whapper here and dat dese kittehs are too easy on me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He doesn't chase Pipo, but he does do play bows. BOL! (only Pipo just ignores that or stalks off...)

      Delete
  3. Dalton is mighty cute!
    We are sure Pipo will set him straight as to who really rules i the house ;)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dalton! It's mighty fine to meet you! We love your big ears they are super fabulous ;o) We know 4 brothers named Dalton they live in a comic magazin and they are pretty clever and I like them ... sadly this wet blanket named Lucky Luke always ruins their clever plans...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      His Aunt wonders if he can fly with them ears, BOL!
      I do not know that comic strip...

      Delete
  5. Welcome Dalton!! We are so glad you have found such a pawsome furr-ever home and know you will be very happy there with MJF and Pipo!!!
    xoxo,
    Jakey, Arty & Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dalton is a cutie. MJF, you are such a good big brother. And Pipo, good job giving him a whack, he needs to learn that cats rule. So much sadness in the blogging world, thank you for the beautiful card you made of Phoebe. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Pipo knows what to do:)
      It was our pleasure to make that card to honor precious Phoebe.

      Delete
  7. Oh Dalton you are a CUTIE!! Welcome! You have the most SENSITIVE eyes, you are such a lover I can tell. You are just adorable! Mr.Jack looks quite happy with you (which has to be a huge relief), as for Pipo, those photos cracked me up "this is temporary, right??" HILARIOUS! Too cute!!! So happy for you, congratulations! DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually Pipo is bigger than Dalton, so he is getting quite curious about him...and comes by to sniff him. Even stays in the same room now. Progress.

      Delete
  8. Oh my word! With a turn of speed like that Dally is something he doesn't do MOL
    Anyways you all look wonderful in your selfies, if a bit surprised (Pipo), but I can't help feeling that order will be forthcoming soon, and everyone will know their place under Pipo. ;)
    Toodle pip and purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup: Pipo; Dalton; MJF...

      Dalton is a speedy fella, but MJF can put on a good sprint too, only its more short lived.

      Delete
  9. happee oh fish ul gotcha day two ewe dalton; we send best dawg bonez wizhez two ewe for
    yeerz a head filled with happee nezz N health N lotz oh fun !!

    callie rose; Godspeed your journey to heaven beautiful girl. we are truly sorry and send
    hugs and loves to you family ♥♥♥♥♥ daisy, tuna, dude, sauce and boomer ~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabbies! You must be happy we did not get a parakeet or a parrot, MOL!

      Delete
  10. Welcome Dally! What a cute fellow he is. And it looks like Mr. J-F and Dally are becoming good furiends. We're sure Pipo will come around soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far eve=furry day there is a wee bit more progress in the getting to like you and though its slower we are working hard on the trust things. Only after we have a good trust between us can we get into the more basic training.

      Delete
  11. It's so nice to meet little Dalton. (We like that name just as it is.) Looks like you had a great time running around the yard! I wish I had a little brother or sister. But maybe next year. Pipo doesn't look very amused, but I'm sure he'll get over it.

    So sad to see so many beautiful pets going over the rainbow lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Yes, we are still hung up on that name thing...when we get to be with my doggy cousin in Canada, then maybe we can resolve that better. Auntie has some good ideas.

      Way too much sadness for sure...

      Delete
  12. You're a good Big Brofur, MJF. When Winkie got here, I just ignored him. I still do, BOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Outside we are more engaged with each other, but not so much indoors...yet. Likely its an age/generation gap thing.

      Delete
  13. Its nice to meet you Dalton I hope you settle in well

    Happy Sunday Selfie!

    Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sure is cute and full of energy. Welcome to your new loving family and home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for introducing us to Dalton-he fits right in your furmily! MJF, we're happy you have a new pal to play with. And concatulations and gratitude to petcretary for taking in a dog much in need of a forever home.
    Purrs, Meep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Meep.
      MJF Gets quite lively outside, but then back inside he has to recharge his batteries, MOL!
      Adopting Dalton is my wee small helpful step...but if evfurryone did something however small, it would be tremendous.

      Delete
  16. Dalton is a little cutie. It's nice to see him and Mr JF playing together. I hope he and Pipo also become friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh it's so great to meet Dalton!!
    It seems like he fits in perfectly... but I'd be grumpy if another guy found my chew toys!!!
    Lots of licks, your good friend Morrie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! MJF doesn't seem to care, he doesn't play with his toys anymore...he does enjoy the outdoor interactions though, and a bit of a together time inside. But the does guard his foodables from Dalton, even though he won't eat a lot of it himself...go figure! BOL!

      Delete
  18. Welcome Dalton!!!!!! If you were in Texas during Harvey we understand why you are so frightened of things. Hurricanes are very scary. You have a great home now and you will be safe there, so relax and enjoy.

    PeeS: Respect cats they has claws and they knows how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Dalton! Sherri-Ellen & Purrince Siddhartha Henry here. The Purrince is sick so I'm doing Petcretary duty for him.
    I think you have the most soulful eyes I've EVER seen in a dog (trust me, I'm so old I've seen a lot of dogs!)
    And those beautiful ears....WOW! Are you part Corgi? Terrier? Jack Russell?
    You. Are. Simply. Handsome. Dalton.
    Your friends, Sherri-Ellen aka LadyMum an Purrince Siddhartha Henry the Burmese Buddhist man cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry youa re sickie, Sid-Henry. POTP fur you.

      Dalton is a rat terrier/Min-Pin mix, or I am told...only a gene test would reveal what evfur he might be; No $$ here fur that...BOL!

      Delete
  20. MJF you need to train that new dog Dude right. To respect cats because Cats rule. Tell Pipo, good job with the bop on the Schnautze, MOL. And yup, it's only a tempurrary dog. Like our guest cat. Seven years later still here, *sigh*
    Kitty kisses,
    Mietzi with Timo and Guest Cat

    ReplyDelete
  21. So Dalty is a hurricane survivor. We sure do hope he settles in and the wee wee drips stop. I am sure that hurricane cause a lot of wee wee.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SWTS!
      Each day he seems a wee bit more comfy with us. And the wee-wee is less often too. Hooray fur that!

      Delete