Sunday, April 9, 2017

Its Been A Yucky Sicky Week ~ Selfies On Sunday

We beg all our blogger furends to pawray fur our doggy brofur, MrJackFreckles, as he isn't feeling that swell of late.

Ugh, I don't like being an urka-gurka pup.


Could you take a moment to pawray fur me to get better? Pawlease? This is my sickly selfie...



Well, Mr JackFreckles had to go to the vet on Tuesday...and petcretary had to call back there on Friday, too. OMD.

I started to just be worse with my not wanting to eat, etc...and so off to the stabby place we went. Thankfully no stabbies happened...but petcretary stole some of my pee while I marked some grass alongside the fence...and she grabbed some poo-poo too. Sheesh, peeps are weird!
Vetman checked me out and looked at those things petcretary gifted him with, and he said he saw a bunch of bad buggies in there. Eeuuw! So he prescribed Cerenia for my nausea and Albon for those bugs.
Bad mistake I say...furry bad indeed. I started to vomit and had diarrhea all over the yard and even in the kitchen when I couldn't go outside fast enough...yuck.
When petcretary came home from her work, I did not even raise my head to greet her, let alone get our to see who was coming inside.
I had NO interest in any noms, not even my fave treats. Petcretary gave me another day to perhaps get used to the Albon, but to no avail. She called the vet back, who prescribed Flagyl and Reglan. Then she gave me rice mushed up with baby food chicken, but I chucked that all over the doggy nest I was in...OMD. ( And I had already lost 1.5 pounds...)
So after about an hour or so, she gave me coconut water with a syringe, an ounce. I kept that down...so she gave me an ounce every hour for quite some time. That stuff tastes kind of strange, but it has lots of good electrolytes in it she told me...she did not want me to get dehydrated.
The next morning I got up when she came downstairs..and I even wagged my tail:)
But still not wanted to eat anything.
So she gave me my meds and waited a bit, then she gave me some more of that mush...which this time I kept down. Hooray! So I 'ate' that way for about 24 hours. Last night after a few more bites of that mush and some coconut water, I ran away from that silly spoon, and petcretary thought maybe I wanted to chuck up again...so she let me be. Howevfur after a bit I actually went to the bowl of kibbles and rice crispies she had decorated them with and devoured it all up! Wonder of wonders!
But now, today all I wanted was my cookies, BOL! But I did eat by about 2 pm...my breakfast which became my lunch...BOL! And I am going outside to patrol the perimeter like I always do...and I greeted Daisy from next door.
Hopefully this means I am now on the right kind of medicines and have turned the corner for the better. I sure hope so, this urka-gurka is not fun, not to mention having the squirts...

Well, enough about me.
I and my kitty brofurs hope you are having a great Sunday.
Next week is Easter, but Petcretary has to go to work all the weekend..sigh...we shall see how we dogabrate and catabrate this spawsial day...

OK, We can relax, now, Dog-guy is starting to feel a bit better.

We had some strange weather here past week also...rain by the tankload, and more wind, wind, wind. Lots more branches and limbs in the yard, its a wonder the trees still have any! Then we even had a night of snow and freezing rain. Now *that* was a big mess, thankfully now its all melted and the past three days have been warmer and even the sun has blessed us with warm sun puddles to bask and bake in:)
That sun sure plays funny with my furs...
I am worried about my doggy brofur.
Still having a funny color...sheesh.
I sure look yellow, too...but wow, am I really *this* fluffy??
Phew, at least this color is more like it, Petcretary!

Dog-guy: Thanks for purring and pawyering fur me guys!  WBS: Hey we know you are feeling some better, but can you let *us* play with our mousie?

Nobody guessed it right this time, we all get a greenie, MOL!
We are hopping with all the other selfies, this Sunday and our wonderfur hosts as always, are The Kitties Blue at The Cat On My Head

34 comments:

  1. Oh, please keep gettin' better!
    Don't make me have to come ofur there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor MJF, that sounds like an awful week. I am glad you are starting to feel better. I wonder how you got the nasty bugs. Pipo and Minko, you look so cute snuggled up to one another. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lotsa purrs Freckles - hope you're feelin better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We purr very hard that Mt Jack will keep feeling better!
    Your weather sounded like ours.
    At least it took the snow away ;)
    We are going to have sun all week and warmer temps.
    We purr that will not change :)
    Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. POTP for you Freckles! We sure hope that the bugs are all gone from your tummy for good! We have been sad all day about little Dory, and then to find out you are ill about did us in! Keep getting better MJF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freckles, we hopw you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Jack! I'm sending him lots and lots of purrs, and I really hope that he's turned a corner. He must have been miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pipo and Minko, you two are looking meowvolous in your selfies. We are sorry to hear that MJF has been having such a bad time, and Mom will definitely add him to her prayers. We are sending lots of purrs and POTP with the hope that he will continue to eat and feel better with each passing day. Thanks for hopping with us. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are sending lots of healing prayers to you, Mr Jack Freckles and wish you a speedy recovery. Purrs
    Great to see you all at the selfies, and hope that that sun comes around soon and stops around for a long time. Purrs, ERin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crikey Mr JF Sir ..... PLEASE get better!! I'm sending so much downunder POTP your way all the planes are full. AND prayers too and LOVE!!! You're my best mate, EVER ...... please get better Mr JF Sir!!!!! Pipo!!!!!! Minko!!!!!! Look after him, aye?? Keep those smacky paws to yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. POTP and hugs and kisses to you... I hope so much that your dogtor can help ya to feel better.....and we hope you can enjoy the noms and the food and spring asap...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mr. JF we are ever so sorry you've had the sickies - it's just plain AWFUL when we don't feel good! It sounds like after a lot of trial and error (and coconut water!) you might be feeling better so let's hope it STAYS THAT WAY! Make sure and eat some foodables and get that weight back that you lost. Everybody is hoping that the SICKS are on their way OUT! Teddy and I are sending you a pile of POTP and hugs.....

    Love, Angel Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor poor Mr.Jack, we feel sooooooo bad!!!! Praying he is on the mend soon!!! xoxoxo sending healing purrs!!!!!!! xoxoxo DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're so sorry to hear MJF isn't feeling well. Ghostwriter used to make boiled chicken and rice for Joey dog when he wouldn't eat. She likes coconut water too, but never thought about giving it to doggies with tummy troubles. Good idea. Me and my family are hoping and praying that you feel better real soon, my dear friend. I'm glad the kitties were being nice to you too. Maddie cat used to just punch me in the nose!

    We've been having some crazy weather lately too. But it's supposed to get nice and warm today. I hope the mud dries up soon, so I can be outside more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMB feel better soon Mr Jack,xx Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  16. doodz & dawg dood....yur selfeez R awesum, they all wayz R....and MJF.....ya noe we send blessingz frum R total lee awesum pal st francis yur way; N if him gives ya sum spare; keep
    em ina safe place just in case....we R sorree ya had two go two de eeeeeeeeeeeevil place...we hope yur on de rite trax with yur medz two.....next time ya due knot wanna eat; which we hope never
    happenz...tell yur mom ta ask de vet bout a b12 booster ♥♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad Jack is feeling a bit better - POTP for all of you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Poor Mr. JF! We send him purrs and hope he's back to normal soon. Those are some nice selfies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We're sendin' purrayers fur all of you. You're also lookin' gawjus as always. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're so sorry you've been so ill, Jack. We are glad you are feeling better. We hope you keep improving and eating so you get stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We hope JF is feeling better today!! We wanted to thank you so much for the most beautiful Memorial Badge you made for our sissy Dory. It is soooo her!
    Thanks again,
    Jakey, Arty, Bilbo and Mama Beth

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are glad Doggie-Guy is feelin better. And the sun+camera does strange things ta MY furs too! ~ AYLA

    ReplyDelete
  23. Freckles, we hope ya keep on feeling better and better, buddy... and hi to you kitties, ya sure is lookin' purdy today!

    luv,
    Finley, Brinley, & Crockett

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW Freckles, you have been having a really bad time of it. Purrs and prayers are coming your way cuz we want you all better and back to your very cute old self again. I had to make a trip to the vet too - it's never any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So happy to hear you are on the mend, Mr. Dog Guy! Tummy troubles are the worst.
    Keep up the good work,
    Meep and Bibi Angel Girl

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good afternoon all our loving pals!
    Thanks so much for all the POTP, pawyers , purrs and love. I, MJF really needed them - now I am doing so much better. I am eating again...all by myself and its my regular food. Petcetary says hooray, and so do I. Being sick with urka-gurkas is the pits for sure.
    And so now I am all ready to have a good dogabration, later this month when I turn 15! OMD!!! But of course furst we all have to have Easter...bunnies and so on, love it!
    Love to you all...and my kitty brofurs thank you as well...now they can hiss me without reservation once again, BOL!
    (( ♥ ))

    ReplyDelete
  27. We're so sorry to hear your doggie brofur was not feeling well. Lots of purrs are coming his way for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Poor JF, that must have been awful and very worrying for your mom and siblings. Healing Pawkisses are on the way and hope you feel better soon. We loved all of your pictures btw😻

    ReplyDelete
  29. OH NOSE...Mr. Jack we be so sorry you had the sickies. BUTT glad you's doin' better! You got some good nurses over there. My sissy, Holly, is doin' great too. For an old gal, she sure is full of spunk. And yes, she's a JRT too, just like you. You two even look alike except she has just one brown ear and the rest of her is white. Thank you for the POTP for Holly. And we're all sending POTP right back to you so that you stay well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't know how I managed to miss your Sunday Selfies this week. They are all lovely. I hope Mr JF is feeling much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jeez Mr Jack Freckles I have not been around with helping Lee in the yard and I am so sorry I am just know reading you have been sickie. I pray you are improving every day ~ I am sad when friends are sick. Power of all four of my paws coming your way. I hope you can have a Happy Easter! Remember Easter is the only time of the year when it's perfectly safe to put all your eggs in one basket.
    Happy Easter All
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  32. MrJackFreckles is feeling pretty well...but he just is not as interested in eating all that much. He does eat, though he leaves some in the bowl...which for a vacuum cleaner is strange.
    We had a good if quiet Easter.

    ReplyDelete