Thursday, July 7, 2016

Closing Catster Dogster Part One: Saving Our Stuff: Angel Toki

We were saddened by the news at Catster/Dogster today. They are closing. In 2014 they said they were going to do this and then we had a reprieve, but now it seems they are doing it fur ever. On July 12th. So we are going to post our current pages here as a memento to the fun times we had there.
We are not doing this in any pawticular order, but we are starting with Angel Toki.


Posing Handsomely...

Purred by: Smokey Joe Angel Dreamboat #9 (Catster Member)
June 30th 2010 at 8:11 am
Toki, dude u r most handsome saweet angel kitfur! Let's get together and have a feast over the bridge, my furiend!
Love, Smokey Joe

Purred by: Toki (In Memory) (Catster Member)
June 30th 2010 at 8:27 am
That would be fun...Eating was my favorite hobby, can you tell?! MOL!
Here's looking at you...Do you like my long whiskers?

Purred by: Pipo (Catster Member)
May 9th 2011 at 6:48 pm
[url=http://imikimi01.com/link/link_through/1qtzM- 182][img]http://images58.imikimi.com/image/1qtzM-1 82.jpg?height=640&scale=max&width=640[/img][/url]

Purred by: Eva V
January 24th 2012 at 7:44 am
Gorgeous whiskers! You are beautiful, Toki!

Purred by: Toki (In Memory) (Catster Member)
January 24th 2012 at 9:03 am
Thanks, Alfie!
Meowmy always said it looked like I used eyeliner, MOL!

I have no idea what gobbledygook Pipo put there...I will ask meowmy to remove it, as that link didn't even do anything, MOL!

Purred by: Pipo (Catster Member)
January 24th 2012 at 9:05 am
Ha-ha, You can't! MOL! Another Catster flea...UGH!
"All eyes on the camera, pawlease!"

Purred by: ♥ Greystone ♥ (Catster Member)
August 12th 2012 at 7:00 pm
Did you get left in the basement Toki? I spent the night in the closet once when i slipped in just before bedtime. mom didn't know until the next morning when i didn't show up for breakfast. when she found me i just strolled out of the closet like nothing had happened. MOL

Purred by: Toki (In Memory) (Catster Member)
August 12th 2012 at 8:11 pm
I was only in there for a short while...my miaows were furry LOUD! MOL!

It was poor Suki who got herself stuck in a closet for several days before she was discovered...because the peeps had gone away.OMC! Poor Suki! she was still a kitten, but lived for many years after that...and after that the peeps began counting kitties before leaving the house...

Purred by: ♥ Greystone ♥ (Catster Member)
August 13th 2012 at 5:44 am
my mom does that too Toki, head counts in the morning and in the evening, cause she knows we are silly fellows some times!



"I see something very interesting!"
"One of my first pictures."

Purred by: Elainia M
June 26th 2010 at 5:04 pm
What a cutie pie!




"Windowsills make great places to sit
  "Watching the goings on!"

Purred by: Ginger (Catster Member)
September 27th 2010 at 4:07 pm
You are so adorable here!

Love
Ginger, xo

Purred by: rachel A
January 14th 2012 at 4:05 pm
awww
"I see a bird!"
"We see something interesting..." (With Sisfur Angel Suki)

Purred by: Ginger (Catster Member)
September 27th 2010 at 4:09 pm
You are both just darling here!

Sweet Toki I wish you were still with us. You're such a doll.

Love Ginger xo
"You have what?"

Purred by: Smokey Joe Angel Dreamboat #9 (Catster Member)
April 9th 2010 at 3:48 pm
You are very good looking! And I know you're around up here flying high, so meomy knows we will soon meet over the Summerlands. We be friends furever! Head bonks, Joe



Here I am with my best doggy furend and brofur, MrJackFreckles.

Purred by: Kitcat (Catster Member)
October 29th 2011 at 7:24 am
I see! You did like your dog! But it looks like you outweighed him MOL!
Love & purrs,
Kitcat

Purred by: Toki (In Memory) (Catster Member)
October 29th 2011 at 7:40 am
Hee-hee! Until he was full grown at about 25 pounds, I always outclassed him!
He looks to be about 3 or 4 months old here. I 'adopted' him almost as soon as he came in our den...well he was a soft and warm fur ball, and he had even softer nests, so I just helped keep him warm, and he didn't mind it at all! MOL!

I think I weighed about 20lbs here...OMC!



It was cozy nesting in with him, MOL!

Purred by: Rory ~ DB #60 (Catster Member)
March 19th 2010 at 7:48 pm
How cute.
I am spying ovfur my cat-kingdom.
A furry young me with my sisfur Angel Suki
I was quite the lazy fatso...and sadly it was my undoing as well...
just relaxing...
Helping Oma do her knitting when she was visiting from Canada. I had to make sure the needle was the correct size, MOL!
Baby me...
Suki did not like me when I got to my den...she hissed and used that smacky paw to whap me.
Oh, boy did she whap me...
But...I did not let her 'get rid of me' MOL!
Drinking from this leaky faucet was great, until my peeps fixed it. Shucks.

Purred by: Haley B
August 14th 2012 at 8:43 am
EEEK!

*trembles*
I guarded the laundry a lot:)

We  received picture 'cards' from our furends to commemorate spawsial events:




 Some things from Toki's pages:


Quick Bio:
-purebred

Birthday:
May 26th 1997

Coloration:
Blue Point


Nicknames:Toki-Poke,Tokipokey,Tokes,Pokey
Likes:
Being with his people and furblings, getting outside to eat grass.Being vacuumed!!

Pet-Peeves:
Being left alone, other kittys on HIS spot.

Favorite Toy:
Paper balls, catnip toys

Favorite Nap Spot:
Fresh warm laundry in the basket, sunny places, cat nests, in a nest with the dog

Favorite Food:
Iams,grass,catnip,anything remotely edible

Skills:
Long conversations about why he should never be left alone...Getting through doorways, opening the basement door. Once he got in there and we didn't know where he was until he started complaining about nobody being there with him...

Dwells:
indoors

Arrival Story:
I saw an add for Siamese kitties, and went to check it out...with a senior kitty and a 6 month kitten at home I thought it would be an ideal time for a new addition. OMC! He was a great kitty and a real character!

Bio:
He had to learn about our Diva cat, Suki, who at 6 months thought SHE was the only cat that was worth anything...Being as he was very outgoing, he endured plenty of mean cat paw whaps and hisses. But eventually HE became the king! He bonded quickly with the old cat, (Groucho),and eventually a truce was called between the 2 kittens. This kitty learned a lot of tricks almost like a dog.
He even got to go to school for a kindergarten 'show and tell' Iit was fun for him,and he explored all the little cubbies where the children stored their things. I was not thinking too clearly that day...MOL...and furgot my camera...so no pics:(
He was a greeter of strangers, and amused all who cared to watch. He also was another go through all doors kitty, but we already were watchful for escapers...from previous kitty experiences. He loved to eat, all the time, anything was food...catnip, too. He became rather portly despite our efforts at diet and exercise... When we got our dog, they became best friends, they even shared the nest areas. Being brushed was a favorite time for him and believe me, he was a big shedder! It was a good thing with all his shedding that he just loved to get vacuumed! He would go to a special spot and wait for me to get there. He knew it was the last thing I would do before I put the vacuum cleaner away! The funniest thing was if I had to turn it off to do something else before I got to him, he would miaow at me very balefully as if to ask 'why have you forgotten me'. Then he would run back to the 'spot' when I resumed the vacuuming... He got to be 22 lbs.Way too fat for a cat! At age 7, he was diagnosed with severe diabetes, his BS was about 750!! Due to our lifestyle at that time, with much traveling to ailing family members and putting 2 boys through private school we could hardly afford the vet bills, let alone the thought of teaching anyone who would catsit him how to give insulin and all that goes with that we were very stressed about what to do. The vet advised us that even if he could be stabilized, he might still be very fragile with health and complications... I asked him what he would do, and he hesitated... but said...'Probably help him to the bridge, because his new life would not be much fun...' So after agonizing for a day, we decided that it would be kinder for him to have him PTS. He came out to me and said 'Miaow' and collapsed on the floor. He just did not have the wherewithal to get over to me, so I had to go to him...It was so sad...but I know he is much happier in the bridge park where he can eat all day and play with his furbling who was already there, and make new furends...
 
Motto:
I am the King! I even rule the dog!






No comments:

Post a Comment